Search Box

Links to Culture Cafe Episodes!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nightmare Fuel

I do have quite a bit of new stuff to talk about and I'll get around to posting about it in the upcoming days as things have started to wind down a bit. I want to take this opportunity however to post about something that happened last week or so. I was doing a bit of cooking (as is the norm while Mitsuko is out working) and I noticed a few baby spiders on the wall near an outlet. I'm not a fan of spiders, first and foremost, so this was ever so slightly bothersome. I squished them with some tissue paper and was about to go on my way when I noticed that another one crawled from under the frame of the outlet. I squished that one as well, and then in what felt like a scene directly out of Arachnophobia I pushed on the outlet and to my utter dismay four more spiders came crawling up scattering in various directions. I backed off quickly and traced their patterns from a distance to notice that even more were on the wall in other places. In that moment I was literally Jeff Daniels and half expected them to come down on my head, crawl in through the sink, and appear from other disturbing places that occupy the realm of nightmares. For the next few days we continually found and killed them in various rooms hanging about on the walls. I haven't seen any for a few days now, so I think we're in the clear. I'm assuming that perhaps a nest hatched inside the walls somewhere and we just had a surge of babies running amok. Somehow if that were truly the case, that would make it worse, wouldn't it?

It was just creepy watching them pour out of there

No comments:

Post a Comment