Search Box

Links to Culture Cafe Episodes!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Arrival: The Recap (short version)

So I finally made it to Kofu yesterday morning at about 5:50am. There's a whole let to tell you about how it all transpired so let's get down to brass tacks. Because I'm a bit behind on the posting. I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking here, with a few comments to let you know what's going on or where I'm at.


 We road a jam packed bus to the tarmac where we eventually on the plane.
 Right here's the little station where we boarded on a the Boeing 777.
 The corridor leading into the plane.
 Greeted by the Malaysia Airlines staff.
 A couple of pictures from inside the cabin


 Dinner time!
 Still a while from Tokyo...
 My seat was right in line with the wing of the plane.
 A shuttle taking us to the customs station.
 Number 25, the shuttle to my hotel.
 A panoramic shot of the view from my window
 Saying goodbye to the  Narita Tobu Hotel Airport.
 Back in Narita airport where I had to find a JR rail to Shinagawa

 The train I road into the Shinagawa Station here
 Pictures from the Takanawa exit.
 I had to take a picture of this place.
 The bus terminal is only 200 more meters! Hooray!
At last, the Shinagawa bus terminal
 A view from inside.
 I forgot to take an actual picture of the ticket inside this envelope.
 The arranged seating on the overnight bus.
 A view of where the bus dropped me off in Kofu.


I'm trying to write more about what happened in between all of that, but things are just coming at me rather quickly at the moment. In the next post I'm going to spend a bit of time talking about how the first day actually went, which includes a visit to a relaxing onsen, a wonderful shrine, and an Enkai (drinking party) where I had to give a self introduction somewhat on the spot!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment