Search Box

Links to Culture Cafe Episodes!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Short listed

There will be a post later on about going to Hiroshima and Miyajima (for the second time) but it's probably the right time to mention that I've officially been short listed by the JET program for this year.

Their terminology sometimes is a bit confusing, but basically that's the one you want to hear. Short listed is as good as "accepted". I've jumped through the all hoops, passed through all the screening and it looks like I'll officially be going to Japan as an ALT.

It's definitely a welcome feeling, especially after not even receiving an interview the first year I applied.

As much as I'd like to be boisterous and shout out the windows to those who might not care at all, I am reminded of the feeling that grew inside of me upon learning I was granted an interview slot about two months ago. I made a note of it in my journal and I'd like to share it here:


I'm definitely excited and happy, there's no doubt about that. I just think there's an element of humility that goes hand in hand with our successes as well as failures. That being said, I shall remember to always work hard regardless of which comes.

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment